Dr. Montia Setzler, Senior Pastor
February 7, 2016
Series: Stewardship – Obedience to God’s Plan
Giving that Changes the World
Acts 11:27–30 (HCSB)
27 In those days some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. 28 Then one of them, named Agabus, stood up and predicted by the Spirit that there would be a severe famine throughout the Roman world. This took place during the time of Claudius. 29 So each of the disciples, according to his ability, determined to send relief to the brothers who lived in Judea.
30 They did this, sending it to the elders by means of Barnabas and Saul.
- LISTEN TO GODLY VOICES WHEN THEY SPEAK TRUTH INTO YOUR LIFE
- God blessed the new church with prophets to speak His Word to them.
- We have the Word that still speaks to us.
- What is God speaking to you that requires your obedience?
- WE OBEY WHEN GOD SAYS TO GIVE
- One of the first acts of obedience of the new church was a mission offering.
- When God speaks to our heart about giving, we obey.
- What is preventing your obedience in giving right now?
- WE CAN JOIN GOD IN HIS MISSION TO REDEEM MANKIND
- The people gave before the need even arrived.
- God’s timing is always perfect.
- What is God asking you to give within your ability?
This infant church witnessed the movement of God bringing new believers every day. But they also witnessed the power of blessing others through their generous and sacrificial giving.