Dr. Montia Setzler, Lead Pastor
August 14, 2016
Series: Depending on God in Uncertain Times
Depending on God to Provide My Healing
Psalm 30:1–3 (HCSB)
I will exalt You, Lord, because You have lifted me up and have not allowed my enemies to triumph over me. 2 Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You healed me. 3 Lord, You brought me up from Sheol; You spared me from among those going down to the Pit.
- GOD CAN HEAL ME PHYSICALLY
Luke 4:40 (HCSB)
When the sun was setting, all those who had anyone sick with various diseases brought them to Him. As He laid His hands on each one of them, He would heal them.
- Jesus used healing in His ministry to reveal His deity.
- God can bring physical healing to bring glory to Himself.
- Not every prayer for healing results in a “yes.”
- GOD CAN HEAL ME EMOTIONALLY
- We sometimes find ourselves deeply wounded emotionally.
- Our healing from God comes out of obedience.
Exodus 15:26 (HCSB)
He said, “If you will carefully obey the Lord your God, do what is right in His eyes, pay attention to His commands, and keep all His statutes, I will not inflict any illnesses on you that I inflicted on the Egyptians. For I am Yahweh who heals you.”
- God is the one we turn to for our healing.
- GOD CAN HEAL ME SPIRITUALLY
Isaiah 53:5 (HCSB)
But He was pierced because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; punishment for our peace was on Him, and we are healed by His wounds.
- The most powerful healing we can receive is spiritual.
- Jesus took the punishment for our sins so that we could be healed.
1 Peter 2:24 (HCSB)
He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that, having died to sins, we might live for righteousness; you have been healed by His wounds.
James 5:16 (HCSB)
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.
- The healing that Jesus provides lasts for all eternity.
God may choose to bring physical healing to my body so that He receives the glory, but the healing that Jesus provides for our emotional and spiritual well-being far surpasses any other.