Celebrating Our Future Today
(Completion of Building for Tomorrow 2 – Redesign)
Isaiah 54:2–3 (HCSB)
2 “Enlarge the site of your tent, and let your tent curtains be stretched out; do not hold back; lengthen your ropes, and drive your pegs deep. 3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left, and your descendants will dispossess nations and inhabit the desolate cities.
1. CELEBRATE THE POSSIBILITIES THAT ARE IN FRONT OF US. (54:2a)
v. 2a “Enlarge the site of your tent…”
“The church will never grow to need the space it fails to provide.” Rowland Crowder
Flake’s Formula for Growth
- Know the possibilities.
- Enlist and train the workers.
- Enlarge the organization.
- Provide the space.
- Go and get them.
2. CELEBRATE THAT THIS IS A PLACE OF ACCEPTANCE. (54:2b)
v. 2b “…and let your tent curtains be stretched out…”
- Opening the tent is about a willingness to accept others.
- Magnolia Church must be a place where people are warmly greeted.
3. CELEBRATE THE URGENCY OF THIS MOMENT. (54:2C)
v. 2c “…do not hold back…”
- If we are not ready, we can miss the moment.
- There is an urgency in sharing the Good News.
4. CELEBRATE OUR PAST AS A FOUNDATION FOR THE FUTURE. (54:2d)
v. 2d “…lengthen your ropes, and drive your pegs deep.”
- We have a rich heritage to build the future on.
- We have been deeply rooted in missions and evangelism, which must continue in the future.
CELEBRATE THE PROMISES FOR OUR FUTURE. (54:3)
v. 3 “For you will spread out to the right and to the left, and your descendants will dispossess nations and inhabit the desolate cities.”
- God has given us the land, if we will depend on Him and the vision He has for this church.
- This is the moment to embrace our Acts 1:8 Strategy.
As we celebrate the Grand Reopening of Magnolia Church, we recognize that the foundation we are building on will produce even more fruit in the future as we learn to accept new people that we reach. The possibilities are endless and the future is now.