August 9, 2015
Tony Rodriguez, Associate Pastor – Español
Summer Vision Series: CONNECT, Grow, Serve, Go
Connect with God and Others
Why We Must Be Connected to God
Acts 4:31-33 (NIV) “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. 32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.”
1. For What Do We Need the Power of God?
- • We need His Power in order to daily LIVE A FAITHFUL Christian life.
- • We need His Power in order to OVERCOME THE ENEMY of our souls.
- • We need His Power in order to REACH the lost.
2. We have the Power of the Great Commission
Matthew 28:18-20 NIV
3. The Power of the Church to Change the World
Acts 17:6 NKJV
How Can We Receive the Mighty Power of God?
D. By Connecting with the Power of PRAYER
Acts 4:31a NIV
E. By Connecting to the Power of LOVE
Acts 4:32a NIV
- • All of our Christian Values: USELESS WITHOUT LOVE 1 Cor 13:1-8 NLT
- • Love Equips Christians to Overcome All Differences
1 Peter 4:8 NLT 1 John 4:18 NKJV
• God’s Love Makes Us Value People over Possessions Acts 4:32b NIV
David and Jonathan: An Expression of Selfless Love
1 Samuel 18:3-4 NLT
F. By Connecting to the Power of our TESTIMONY
Acts 4:33 NIV “With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus”
Acts 4:31b NLT “They were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.”
Courage: Strength, vigor, decisiveness;
Boldness: to withstand danger, fear or difficulty
Romans 1:16 (NLV) “I am not ashamed of the Good News. It is the power of God. It is the way He saves men from the punishment of their sins if they put their trust in Him”