The Acts 1:8 Strategy
Acts 1:8 (HCSB) “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
As Magnolia Church carries out the Biblical mandate to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, our congregation is actively involved in giving and praying and going. Teams of students and adults regularly minister in our neighborhoods and around the world. Our church has specifically targeted these areas:
- Jerusalem = Riverside and the Inland Empire
- Judea = California and the West Coast
- Samaria = Mexico and the rest of North America
- Ends of the Earth = South Asia and the World
Blood for Missions
December 12 – January 12
Lifestream Location – 4006 Van Buren Blvd
Schedule your appointment at www.Lstream.org.
LifeStream will donate $20 towards missions, for 30+ qualified donors.
At the time you arrive and check-in, please give the front desk the church code, RMAG, to receive credit for your donation.
Because of the generosity of our donors, 63 units were donated and $1,260 was raised for our partners in South Asia. If you are unable to donate blood, you can give financially to this group. COVID-19 has hit this area hard. Consider giving at magonline.com/give.
All donations collected will automatically be tested for the presence of COVID-19 antibodies. This is a great opportunity for those who suspect that they may have had COVID IN THE PAST. Results will be available on LStream.org approximately 2 weeks after donation.
2020 Lottie Moon Christmas Offering (LMCO)
Every Church. Every Nation.
It’s more than a catchphrase. It’s at the core of what we do. We believe every church—and every church member—has a critical role to play in bringing the gospel to the world. Your church’s participation in the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering is a key part of that.
Your Gifts Transform Lives
Because you and your church give to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, IMB missionaries can take the gospel to unreached peoples around the world. Every dollar you give makes a difference because 100% of the money collected goes to the work of reaching every nation.
The Story of Lottie Moon
In the 1800s, a missionary named Lottie Moon wrote letters from China urging American churches to fund more overseas workers. After Lottie’s death on the mission field, an offering was started in her name. The offering was established to empower international missions efforts for Southern Baptists.
LMCO Goal – $175,000,000
Magnolia Church Goal – $65,000
Read more HERE
2020 Annie Armstrong Easter Offering – Sending Hope
The Annie Armstrong Easter Offering (AAEO) is the primary way we support mission efforts in North America. One hundred percent of gifts given to AAEO are used to support Southern Baptist missionaries serving across the United States and Canada.
“ …He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
1 Peter 1:3 CSB
2020 National Goal – $70 million
Magnolia Church Goal – $22,000
Read more HERE.
2020 California Mission Offering (CMO)
California’s unsaved population of 33 million is equal to the combined population of 10 western states – Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The four-fold purpose of the California Mission Offering is to:
Educate California Southern Baptists about mission and ministry projects funded through their gifts to this special offering and to create an awareness of the urgent need to reach California for Christ. About 87 percent, or 33 million, of the more than 38 million residents of the Golden State are considered unchurched.
Encourage California Southern Baptists to pray for California missions and missionaries.
Encourage California Southern Baptists to go and share their faith daily and through short- and long-term mission projects.
Encourage California Southern Baptist churches to participate in giving to missions through the California Mission Offering.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- If you are interested in learning more about our potential teams and possible dates to serve, please email Indra. A brief training will be provided soon in order to send individuals and teams to serve.
- If you choose to support our teams financially, please make checks payable to Magnolia Church.
- To make a credit card or debit card donation, please click HERE – after logging in, select option from the dropdown
- Text “$AMOUNT” to 951-223-9042
- On Sundays, use the envelope in the seat pocket and drop it in the offering plate
- Bring to the church office, M-F 8am-5pm
- Never underestimate the power of prayer.
- The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect. James 5:16b
- Pray that God will show you how to be involved in reaching the world.
- Pray for God to prepare the participants’ hearts in joining what He has been doing in LEÓN/SA and other locations.
- Pray for God to prepare the hearts of those they will meet and connect with in LEÓN/SA and other locations.
- Pray for God to lead their preparation processes.
* Possess confidence that their relationship with God and within the fellowship of the church are worthy of their commitment to them.