The Acts 1:8 Strategy
Acts 1:8 (HCSB) “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
As Magnolia Church carries out the Biblical mandate to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, our congregation is actively involved in giving and praying and going. Teams of students and adults regularly minister in our neighborhoods and around the world. Our church has specifically targeted these areas:
- Jerusalem = Riverside and the Inland Empire
- Judea = California and the West Coast
- Samaria = Mexico and the rest of North America
- Ends of the Earth = South Asia and the World
Birmingham, UK, May 23-June 3, 2019
León, Mexico, June 9-17, 2019
South Asia – November 2019
UK Team 2019
Darla Donaldson, Bochi McKinney, Linda Zamosjki, Sue Moreland, Vangie Ortal, Peggy Park, Indra Urquizu, and Stephen Posegate
The team will be working alongside our field workers in Birmingham, The United Kingdom ministering to the refugees’ community through Holliday Club (Vacation Bible School) and lead workshops.
The goals of the workshops are to help with the adults in keeping themselves healthy, to teach them practical tools in facing various mental health issues and to help them with parenting skills.
GIVE FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO THE UK TEAM – If you choose to support us financially, please make checks payable to Magnolia Church – write the project destination, UK Team or the name of the Team member. To make a credit card or debit card donation, please click HERE or by check payable to Magnolia Church.
León Team 2019
Lou Beechen, Mariah Bergadine, Emerie Cantrell, Jeanne Cantrell, Debbie Cooley, Ted Hosmer, Graciela Morales, Sarai Morales, Miguelina Paz, Keith Polston, Tony Rodriguez, Cinthia Salveson, Judy Smith
Blood for Missions
May 12 | 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
By giving blood at Magnolia Church, LifeStream will donate $20 for each qualified donor to magnolia missions, .
Register at Mag Central or HERE.
Annie Armstrong Easter Offering
The Annie Armstrong Easter Offering (AAEO) is the primary way we support mission efforts in North America. One hundred percent of gifts given to AAEO are used to support Southern Baptist missionaries serving across the United States and Canada.
“ …He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
1 Peter 1:3 CSB
National Goal – $70 million
Magnolia Church Goal – $22,000
Read more HERE.
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering (LMCO)
Every Church. Every Nation.
It’s more than a catch phrase. It’s at the core of what we do. We believe every church—and every church member—has a critical role to play in bringing the gospel to the world. Your church’s participation in the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering is a key part of that.
Your Gifts Transform Lives
Because you and your church give to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, IMB missionaries can take the gospel to unreached peoples around the world. Every dollar you give makes a difference, because 100% of the money collected goes to the work of reaching every nation.
The Story of Lottie Moon
In the 1800s, a missionary named Lottie Moon wrote letters from China urging American churches to fund more overseas workers. After Lottie’s death on the mission field, an offering was started in her name. The offering was established to empower international missions efforts for Southern Baptists.
Magnolia Church goal – $65,000
Read more HERE
California Mission Offering (CMO)
California unsaved population of 33 million is equal to the combined population of 10 western states – Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The four-fold purpose of the California Mission Offering is to:
Educate California Southern Baptists about mission and ministry projects funded through their gifts to this special offering and to create an awareness of the urgent need to reach California for Christ. About 87 percent, or 33 million, of the more than 38 million residents of the Golden State are considered unchurched.
Encourage California Southern Baptists to pray for California missions and missionaries.
Encourage California Southern Baptists to go and share their faith daily and through short- and long-term mission projects.
Encourage California Southern Baptist churches to participate in giving to missions through the California Mission Offering.
Magnolia Church Goal – $12,000
Read more HERE
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- If you are interested in learning more about our potential teams and possible dates to serve, please fill out a form at Mag Central. A brief training will be provided soon in order to send individuals and teams to serve.
- If you choose to support us financially, please make checks payable to Magnolia Church – write the project destination, for example, “UK” on the note section.
- To make a credit card or debit card donation, please click HERE. If you would like to sponsor a specific individual, click the drop-down arrow and choose a name, or choose “UK Mission Team” to donate to the ministry project in general.
- Never underestimate the power of prayer.
- The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect. James 5:16b
- Pray that God will show you how to be involved in reaching the world.
- Pray for God to prepare the participants’ hearts in joining what He has been doing in LEÓN/SA and other locations.
- Pray for God to prepare the hearts of those they will meet and connect with in LEÓN/SA and other locations.
- Pray for God to lead their preparation processes.